Thursday, July 10, 2008

Prayers for Baby K

I took Baby K to the doctor today about a knot-type lesion that came up on her buttock last night. And boy, am I glad I did. She has what appears to be MRSA (staph infection), the one that is methicillin resistant. She was started on a heavy dose of antibiotics (one of the few that does treat it), a antibiotic cream, and Epsom Salt baths. She is on Motrin because she is running about a 101 fever since the doctor today. If she has not improved or it has gotten worse they she will be sent to the surgery center to have it lanced. She is only 2 and my niece was hospitalized and had lots of complications for a long time from this same thing last year when she was 13. The antibiotics also caused problems for her by dropping her white blood count, so please pray for God's healing touch and no further complications from the staph or medication. Thanks for your joint prayers. My sweet baby needs them. Here's a picture so you can see who needs your prayers.

2 comments:

Lula! said...

I am totally praying for her...RIGHT NOW!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed seeing this post last night....

My prayers are going out right now!

I hope she feels better soon....which she will, cause we're all praying for her now! :)