Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Pics of the Red Room

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions. Just for the decisions made:

1. Curtain fabric will be purchased of the print in the original DR post. (15 yds x 9.00=$135)

2. Cornices and trim will remain white.

3. Walls will remain red.

4. Everything else is subject to change.

Most everyone said they needed more pics so I took some from each doorway. Here they are:


This is the view looking through the DR into LR. Please forgive the ironing board.


This is view from kitchen towards far end of the dining room.



This is the chandelier that I am not sure if I love or not. But hubby does.



This is the view from LR french doors looking through to the kitchen.


From LR to far end of DR.



From double window looking the length of DR.

From hallway looking length of DR.


One thing I have noticed from these pictures is that we are furniture heavy on the smaller end of the DR and empty on the big end. I'm going to try moving the white server to the other empty wall on the other side of the table.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your room is bigger than my house!

You've got your basic color theme of red, black and white. What about a splash of a bright color? Like a yellow vase and/or yellow throw pillows? Not a lot, just something for some punch. Just something I learned on HGTV....depends on your taste obviously...

I just thought I'd throw that in there...I don't have anything else really...I just wanted to add my 2 cents... :)

Melissa Lee said...

No, no, no - keep the chandelier. It's kitschy. Actually, I have no idea what kitschy is, but it sounds impressive - so I'm going with it.

Now, please stop putting up posts about decorating. It shows your talent and I can't hang with that. 'Kay? ;)

Melissa at Stretch Marks

Free Art Printables said...

I love your red room!!! I like the chandelier. It would be alot of work, but you could take it down, remove the crystals, spray paint it black or faux oil rubbed bronze, remove the bobeches, selectively put some of the crystal back on (Like remove the string ones, dated )and add shades. It would be a whole new piece!I think you would love it! and I read the top of your blog.. I have a stinky dog too ;) !!! Jen R

Tamara said...

I agree with Jen...I would probably try to take the chandelier apart...paint it black, or perhaps silver/pewter, then reassemble, leaving the beaded strands and perhaps the little bowl things below the bulbs off. Leave the crystals on, since your hubby likes them. This would "clean it up" a bit.