Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tired

It occurred to me again yesterday (again) that I am tired of being fat. A parent's abs should not be sore from a slip 'n slide. But mine and Keith's both are. It also occurred to me that I am really not willing to compromise my eating habits or start exercising anytime soon. I mean asking a girl to give up Gobstoppers ( or as Kendall says "Grasshoppers") is a little extreme just to lose weight. And who can beat a $5 hot and ready pizza from Little Caesar's on game nights??? But last night we had a looooonnnnngggggg baseball practice (6-9) before our big game on Thursday. I got so entirely sick of watching the outfielders picking their noses and sitting there with their thumbs up their butts as the ball rolled by, I asked permission to go to the outfield and work with those two specifically. After about 711 demonstrations of sliding your feet, I realized I was exercising. I certainly did not plan to exercise. See I must plan that sort of thing. I planned on sitting in my pink chair with my feet on the fence being an armchair coach, like I always do. So I came home last night and did lots of lunges (well to my weak knees it seemed like alot) and did crunches. Did you hear me???? I accidentally exercised which sparked me to purposely exercise. This is huge. It might just be my breakthrough. I intend to think about that today while I finish this box of Gobstoppers.

7 comments:

KatBouska said...

Must. Keep. Moving.

It's good for you, keep it up. I think you can eat your gobstoppers and move and still lose weight. You can do it!!

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the weight loss and I hate exercising and dieting! I started walking a mile a day at work, then I picked it up to two miles, not to mention the other walking I do between different parts of the university where I work and the three hour trek up to the parking lot! Now I do anywhere between 10,000 and 15,000 steps a day and I can say I have noticed a difference. Keep it up!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Lula! said...

I just spent over an hour watering my flowers/plants/vegetable gardens. THIS IS EXERCISE, 'cause I have to drag the hose, bend (with my knees, not my waist!) to pluck weeds, and I was sweatin' like a pig the entire time. Jane Fonda ain't got nothing on yard work.

Thanks for stopping by Lulaville...any UGA fan is a friend for life. It's an instant bond!

Insane Mama said...

I think you just have to keep moving, and then it becomes easier and easier. Then eat chocolate, because it is good for the soul

Heather said...

Don't rush into anything. Just sit down, relax, eat some cake and think this through.

Teri said...

Good for you to accidentally exercise. I finally "realized" (like it was a surprise) that I needed to start exercising again last month. For some reason, I am able to make myself get right out of bed in the morning, dress for the gym and go workout. This way, I haven't had a chance to think about why in the world I am doing this. And, I sometimes feel like I am still asleep while at the gym. Pretty easy to exercise while still enjoying the last bits of REM sleep. Great blog! (Found you at Candid Carrie)

Kimba said...

Good for you! I love, love, love Gobstoppers and I had to give them up. I just can't resist biting them and I cracked a tooth. Since I can't control myself and we don't have dental insurance, no more Gobstoppers for me.

Thanks for stopping by when I was featured on SITS and leaving such kind and thoughtful comments.