Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Good Time Was Had by Most

And by most I mean everyone except Ryan. Well, he had a good time except during pictures. Only three of us girls and our families showed up this year, but we had a good time nonetheless. Leigh and I made an afternoon out of photographing. I am posting some of the ones that I took; hopefully, she will do the same. Be sure to check them out. Here are a few, starting with Bro Man's attitude.



We nibbled on a bit of Cajun Turkey, ham, Leigh's sweet potatoes, corn and rice casserole, Jan's potato casserole, rolls, beer bread, dressing and giblet gravy, peas, key lime pie, mini cheesecakes, and pecan pie. Can you say yum?????

We left after many long hours of modeling for my girls and headed to my MIL's house for round 2. Thanksgiving dinner had long since been over there, but we participated in the clean-up round. Mr. Wonderful is adamant that nobody can touch his mom's dressing. He could (and probably would) live off of just that alone. And the darnedest thing happened while we were there--Emmy ate turkey. I know, I know. It's something you have to see to believe and the memory card was full. But guess what was even stranger than that....... it wasn't just a bite, it was two plate fulls of cajun turkey. I think that was the first time I have ever seen her eat anything of substance. Most of been all the modeling....hmmmm....that gives me a thought. Tomorrow we are off to the train car behind the library and maybe we'll just give the train tracks a try. I just don't know if I am brave enough...it's a busy track. We'll see what cleverness we can come up with.....

Happy Turkey Day!!

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

BigSis said...

I am sorry that I missed Thanksgiving! I have seen all of the pics on Snapfish. They are some of the best pics that I have ever seen!