Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Baby Boy

Oh, Sweet Baby Boy! The day has arrived marking yet another celebration of your birth. Today you are nine. All of my life I have contemplated ways that I possibly could keep you a baby, then a toddler, than a young child, now a big boy. I realized that I cannot stop you from growing up; I just have to show you the way to becoming a young man. Thank goodness we have Daddy to show you how to be a great husband and father.

Every day of my life I will remember you being a tiny little baby who peed on his father as soon as he was born. A beautiful reminder that life is good, that God is good (not peeing on your father, you). You were a true blessing straight from Heaven. You still are. I am so glad that God picked me to be your mother. I am so proud of the boy you are, and know that I will be of the young man yet to come. You are such a joy to me. I am so glad we got to spend the day together Thursday. I had so much fun just being silly with you, playing the hand slap game, eating good shrimp and fried pickles, but most importantly good company and laughter. You have no idea how much it means to me that every time we spend the day together you say, "This is the best day of my life." Oh, how I love you!

Here is a pic of how I will always remember you when I call you my baby boy, even if you are 80.
I'll never forget how you loved to walk around the house with only one sock on with a bowl on your head. Or how you used to fall asleep in your high chair eating. How you used to come crawling as fast as you could when you heard the MASH theme song. How you used to come crawling as fast as you could when you heard a cheese wrapper being opened. How you used to sing Chinney Kessey, George Strait, and Toby Keith like there was no tomorrow. You would perform anywhere, anytime. When you got tired, you would crawl into your room and wait at the crib until we saw you and put you to bed.

I love you, mama's baby boy!

3 comments:

Maternal Mirth said...

Why do they have to grow so fast? And why do we have to let them?

Unknown said...

I ditto all that your mom said,
Ryan. There is NO possible way that you can be 9 years old ALREADY! I remember the chubby little 4 month old nibbling on ham at Easter in his little baby denim shorts and Hawaiian print shirt. PRecious!! That's how I would love to keep you forever!! I love you, man!! Aunt Leigh

BigSis said...

Sorry that I missed the bday party! I enjoyed the seminar at Huntingdon but would have liked to be at the party too-LOL